Source: Food Industry News Oct. 2018
Our industry operators are facing a common challenge and they have been echoing similar questions: How can we do more or keep up, with less help and money, without sacrificing our brands quality? Foodservice manufacturers view these challenges as their inspiration for developing new solutions. Keeping up with equipment trends helps operators by giving them the resources to know what innovations are being designed for them. Just one example of how a tool has been created to help with all three of the challenges is the highly mobile turbo-mixer called the TRX-22.
The manufacturer Sammic, whose brand is known for quality and innovation, saw a need to expand on their popular and proven immersion blenders in order to provide a large-scale solution. The TRX-22, a blending workhorse of the kitchen, was born from the need to provide operators with a tool that would both reduce the expense of attached kettle blenders, while also being flexible enough to be used in almost any environment or container. The mobility of the machine saves tens of thousands of dollars by reducing the number of blenders needed in a large production kitchen. It also saves on labor by processing in bulk. With 3 easily interchangeable attachments, there is not much it can’t handle.
The Good, The Better, and The Best
Sammic’s five-model range of Vegetable Prep Machines are ideal for all slicing, dicing, julienne cutting, shredding and grating applications. These dynamic food processors have an hourly output of up to 2,200 lbs. an hour, that’s suitable for kitchen operation serving 1,000 covers per day.
However, these products have a variety of applications, as well as prices, that should be considered before an educated purchasing decision can happen. So, allow me to share this chart with you to break down some of the many options, into just a few simple ones.
CA-311 – Good
- Very intuitive controls with only a simple ON and OFF function
- Enhanced Dicing feature for more yield and less loss
- Product output can be increased from 1,000 pounds to 1,300 pounds or even as high as 2,200 pounds by upgrading them to a larger hopper. These high capacity hoppers are found on items CA-411 and CA-611
- Best quality product at the best price
CA-311VV – Better
- Removable lever, lid, and base, for easy cleaning purposes. Cutting top can be completely removed from the motor mount and sent to the dish cleaning area
- Electronic, user-friendly control board with 5 speeds
- The versatility of cutting speeds and cleanability of this machine makes it a must-have for large chain operations
Combi CK-311 – BEST
- The best machine with all the bells and whistles plus more
- 2in1, easily switch to a stainless-steel food processing bowl
- Hopper, lid, and bowl easily detachable for interchanging or cleaning
- 5-speed adjustable control for chopping and 10-speed adjustable control for emulsifying
- Amazing value and space saver for operations that need both vegetable preparation and food processing and emulsifying